This Forum, with the participation and sharing from MOIT leaders, EuroCham leaders as well as other high-level experts, aims to equip the business community in HCMC with not only the current status of the EVFTA, but also the long-term vision roadmap for the ratification and the implementation of EVFTA – in terms of its opportunities and challenges for Vietnam economic sectors – as well as how both Vietnam and EU enterprises should prepare for the new period.
- Mrs. Miriam Garcia Ferrer - Head of Trade and Economic Section of the EU Delegation to Viet Nam and Ms. Nguyen Son Tra, Director, Multilateral Trade Policy Department, MOIT gave the speech about the “EVFTA Introduction, the opportunities of EU businesses and Vietnamese Enterprises,recommendations, commercial support from the EU”
The conference was then followed by the topics:
- “The Free Trade Agreement: Business Perspectives on exports and bilateral cooperation opportunities”
- Innovative business thinking: breakthrough opportunities via FTA
The second part of the event was a panel discussion where the speaker from Ministry of Agricultural and Rural Development or Multilateral Trade Policy Department of MOIT introduced SPS regulations in EVFTA and addressed issues for businesses to take full advantages of the FTA.
- Mr. Le Ky Anh, EU Delegation, introduced an important notice to export Agro foods to EU
- A Speaker from the EU (invited by Eurocham ) introduced the mechanism of purchasing goods exported to the EU”
- A Speaker from Embassy of Spain discussed the opportunities to cooperate in the field of Agriculture.